SRFTI 2018 – The Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute has invited applications for the admission into the Postgraduate program in Cinema. The subjects offered are Producing film and television, Direction and screenplay writing, cinematography Animation cinema, editing, Sound recording, and design. The graduate students in any discipline are eligible to apply. The applications is expected to be held in the month of Apr 2018. All the candidates who are eligible and wish to appear for the exam which is expected to be held in the month of May 2018 can reach the official website at srfti.ac.in to complete the application process. The candidate must avail their SRFTI 2018 Admit Card for being able to appear for the exam.
The candidates who pass the SRFTI 2018 written test will be called for the interview for the completion of the admission cycle. The candidates can check out the important dates in the table to be followed as per this year’s schedule.
Schedule for SRFTI 2018 Admission
|Online application begins||2nd week of Apr 2018|
|Online application ends||1st week of May 2018|
|Admit cards issue||3rd week of May 2018|
|Written test||3rd week of May 2018|
|Result announcement||4th week of May 2018|
|OC interview||1st week of Jul 2018|
Candidates, please note that no information of SRFTI 2018 has been announced yet. Details updated on this page as per the last year. As soon as SRFTI 2018 details will be announced, same will be updated here.
Details of the program to apply for SRFTI 2018 Admission
- Duration- The postgraduate in cinema is a 3 year program. It is a full program means that the students will have to attend the regular classes in the campus.
- Course Structure- It is an integrated course.The classes will be held for 20 weeks and for the candidates applying for the Animation Cinema, which is also an integrated course, the classes will be held for 6 weeks.
- Specialisations offered – The institute offers specialisations in the following arrays – Producing film and television, Direction and screenplay writing, cinematography Animation cinema, editing, Sound recording, and design,
- Specialisation program – if the students want to attain specialisation in a particular area, he/she will attend classes combining of total 80 weeks.
- Course content- Classroom Lectures, Interactions with Professionals, Practical Exercises, Workshops and Film Screenings.
Educational Qualification Criteria
Last year eligibility criteria is given below.
|Direction and screenplay writing||
|Producing for Film and Television|
|Sound Recording and Resign|
SRFTI 2018 Application Form
Application form of SRFTI Admission 2018 will be available soon here as per schedule date.
- Link to fill the Application Form will be available here.
Application Fees for SRFTI 2018 Admission
Last year application fee is given below.
|Category||Amount to be paid|
|S.C. & S.T.||Rs. 500/|
How to apply for SRFTI 2018 admission
The complete SRFTI Application Process will be completed in three simple stages.
STAGE I Registration for Online Application
The candidates must have a valid email id for this step. If your are applying for the first time then you need to register yourself first by selecting the link “ New User”. Click the link and provide all the details asked.
The candidates will be registered now and will receive an email id confirming their registration. Got to the spam section in mail and activate the link to complete the application form.
STAGE II Filling the following details in the application form:
The candidates will be required to fill in the details mentioned in bullet points. But before they do that they must have the challan details. The Application fees will not be paid online
- Basic Details
- Application Fee Details
- Personal Details
- Contact Details
- Qualification Details
- Upload Photograph
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture
- Note the dimensions of the image 140 pixels X 170 pixels
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more that 40 KB. If the size of the file is more than 40 KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- The format should either jpg or jpeg.
- The candidate will scan the original SC/ST/OBC certificate issued by a competent authority.
- For OBC category candidate, the candidate will have to download the certificate format and fill the form.
- Note the Dimensions of the image 800 pixels X 1100 pixels.
- The size of the file should not be more than 100 KB.
- The format should either jpg or jpeg.
- Note the dimensions of the image 1100 pixels X 800 pixels.
- The size of the file should not be more than 70KB.
- The format should be jpg or jpeg.
STAGE III Final Review and confirmation:
Take some time to review the application and the entries made. After confirming the details only submit the application. The candidates must take print out of the application
Exam pattern for SRFTI 2018 Admission
Last year exam pattern is given below.
|Section I||40 marks||Mental ability||100 marks||3 hours|
|Section II||60 marks||Creative aptitude|
- The Question Paper will have seven groups of questions.
- Group ‘A’ will consist questions on mental ability and the creative aptitude will be compulsory for all the candidates and they will be required to choose one of the other six groups for specific area aptitude test.
- The other six groups are for Direction & SPW, Sound recording & Design and Animation Cinema, Cinematography, Editing, Producing for Film & Television , respectively.
- No negative marking.
- Candidates from each specialization will be called for interactive orientation course and interview in 1:4 ratio for general candidates and 1:5 ratio for reserved category as per merit list.
- The whole admission process will be a three-day interactive orientation course which will take place in the respective departments. It will be followed by a personal interview session.
- The relative distribution of marks among the various stages of the selection process is:
- Written Test: the written test will carry weightage of 25%
- Interactive Orientation Course: the interactive orientation course will carry weightage of 50%
- Interview: the interview will carry weightage of 25%.
SRFTI 2018 Admit Card
SRFTI 2018 Admit Card will be issued by Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute. The admit cards will be available for download soon. The candidates who wish to download the SRFTI 2018 Admit Card can visit the official website at srfti.ac.in The applicants are advised to carry this document on the day of the examination. The admit card is strictly provisional. Any candidate appearing for the SRFTI written test will not be allowed in the exam centre. The candidates must take a printout of the admit card along with a valid ID proof.
If you have any query please comment in the box below. The candidate may reach us on our forum a more detailed discussion.