The NMAT by GMAC™ is a computer administered test owned by the Graduate Management Global Connection (India) Private Limited (GMGC), a subsidiary of Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). The MBA aspirants preparing for NMAT 2017 can start applying for the test from from 04 July 2017. The test will be held in a computer based mode from October 05 until December 18, 2017 across 44 cities throughout India and at 4 International centrs. These programmes are offered by various colleges such as the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Study (NMIMS) and other colleges. Candidates can check the complete information of NMAT 2017 like application process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and other information through this page below.
NMIMS conducts the NMAT for admissions to its various MBA programs offered at its Mumbai, Bengaluru and Hyderabad Campuses. From the academic session 2017-19, a number of other prominent B-Schools across the country also accept NMAT scores.
Schedule for NMAT 2017 is given below.
|Registration||04 Jul 2017||03 Oct 2017|
|Scheduling||04 Jul 2017||16 Oct 2017|
|Late Registration||04 Oct 2017||14 Oct 2017|
|Registration – Retake||06 Oct 2017||14 Dec 2017|
|Re-scheduling||04 Jul 2017||15 Dec 2017|
|Re-take Scheduling||06 Oct 2017||15 Dec 2017|
|Exam Delivery||05 Oct 2017||18 Dec 2017|
|Final Announcement of Result||3rd week of Jan 2018|
|Last date for Official score card download||31 Mar 2018|
NMAT 2017 Application Process
- Candidates need to click on “Register Now” icon on the official website home page and follow the registration details.
- Following registration, an authentication email will be sent on the registered email. Candidates need to validate their email ID and then complete the online application form, filling up personal, educational and work experience details.
- Thereafter candidates need to choose the schools and MBA colleges to send the NMAT scores under the “Programme Details” section. One can select up to seven programmes are included in the registration fee. Post seven programmes, applicants need to pay an additional fee of Rs 200 + applicable taxes for each programme.
- After successful registration, candidates will receive their unique NMAT Registration Number. Thereafter, one needs to pay the applicable exam fee via Debit Card/Credit Card/Net banking and Demand Draft.
- After successful registration, candidates will receive an email with unique NMAT Registration Number. This number for all future correspondence with GMAC.
- Candidates will then receive their username and password to logon to www.pearsonvue.com/nmatbygmac and schedule NMAT 2017 test on a preferred date and location subject to availability.
A few guidelines on eligibility for students has been listed at the official website of NMIMS. It is recommended that aspirants should look for detailed eligibility criteria of the particular university and school of their choice before applying for admission to MBA or other management degree programmes.
- It is compulsory for every student to have a bachelor’s degree (10+2+3/4) in any discipline from any recognised university.
- Candidates must have atleast 50% score in aggregate in their graduation.
- Candidates with work experience of two or more years after graduation will be favored for admission to all full-time programmes (according to Admission Information Handout of Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS).
- Students in their final year of bachelors can also apply for the exam where they shall be offered provisional admission. The final admission will be granted only on clearing graduation exams in first attempt with atleast 50% of marks. The applicant should be able to submit all original documents within the stipulated time period.
NMAT 2017 Exam Pattern
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam is computer-delivered and gives each candidate a randomly generated test from a pool of questions, delivered one-at-a-time. The number of questions, difficulty levels, and the time limit for each of the sections is predetermined and, under normal administration conditions, are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered. Candidates have a choice of selecting the order/sequence of the test sections.
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam has three sections – Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning.
The three sections of the NMAT by GMAC™ are individually timed. Test takers must answer questions and review answers of each section within the allotted time. Test takers must review their answers before moving to another section of the exam, as once the candidate closes out of a section, all answers are final.
|Language Skills||32 questions||22 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||48 questions||60 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40 questions||38 minutes|
|Total||120 questions||120 minutes|
The NMAT by GMAC™ exam will be delivered at 58 test centres across 44 cities throughout India and at 4 International centres.
India’s Test Centres : Agra, Chandigarh, Dehradun, Delhi, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Noida, Patiala, Varanasi, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune, Pilani, Surat, Vadodara, Bengaluru, Chennai, Kochi, Hyderabad, Manipal, Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Vellore, Vizag, Vijaywada, Bhopal, Indore, Jabalpur, Raipur, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong.
Abroad Test Centres : Kathmandu, Thimphu, Dhaka, Colombo
NMAT 2017 Result
Candidates NMAT by GMAC™ exam scores will be published on the nmat.org.in website approximately 4-5 weeks after your exam date. Once the scores have been published you will receive an email indicating that your scores are available. You will be able to access your score card by logging into your NMAT by GMAC™ account. Once the final percentile score is announced, your scores will be sent to the schools that you elected to share you scores.
Universities / Business Schools
NMAT by GMAC™ scores are accepted by following Universities/ Business Schools:
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- MISB Bocconi, Mumbai
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Amity University, Delhi NCR
- Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh
- SRM University, Chennai, Delhi NCR Sonipat
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- BML Munjal University, Delhi
- VIT University, Vellore
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- Mody University, Rajasthan
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad