National Institute of Design has issued the notification for admission to M.Des Programmes the two-and-a-half year long Master of Design (M.Des.) programme at NID is offered at its campuses in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru and Gandhinagar.The four-year-long Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) programme is offered only at NID Ahmedabad. In order to secure admission in design programmes offered at National Institute of Design (NID) aspirants need to take part in NID DAT (Prelims) and NID DAT (Mains). Candidates who are shortlisted in NID DAT (Prelims) can only appear for NID DAT (Mains) admission round.
Candidates can check all details regarding NID admission 2018 like Application form, Eligibility criteria and selection procedure below.
The M.Des course is offered by NID Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Gandhinagar. Whereas, candidates will get B.Des at NID Ahmedabad. GDPD admission is offered at NID Kurukshetra and Vijayawada. The selection of the candidates in any of the course will be done as per the performance in Design Aptitude Test (DAT) Prelims and Main.
|Events||B.Des & GDPD||M.Des|
|Application form released on||25 Sep 2017||25 Sep 2017|
|Last date to apply||31 Oct 2017||31 Oct 2017|
|Last date to submit form with late fee||09 Nov 2017||09 Nov 2017|
|Filled in application form and demand draft is to be received until||09 Nov 2017||09 Nov 2017|
|Facility to edit the application form will begin from||14 to 16 Nov 2017||14 to 16 Nov 2017|
|Issuance of admit card for DAT Prelims||20 Dec 2017||20 Dec 2017|
|NID DAT Prelims 2018 will be held on||07 Jan 2018||07 Jan 2018|
|Answer key will release on||12 Jan 2018||12 Jan 2018|
|Window to challenge the answer key will remain open until||18 and 19 Jan 2018||18 and 19 Jan 2018|
|Final answer key will be uploaded on||30 Jan 2018||30 Jan 2018|
|Prelims result will be announced on||13 Mar 2018||15 Feb 2018|
|Issuance of admit card for NID DAT Main exam||22 Mar 2018||27 Feb 2018|
|NID DAT Main 2018 will be held on||15 to 22 May 2018||12 Mar to 15 Apr 2018|
|Merit list will release on||31 May 2018||02 May 2018|
Candidates can fill and submit the NID 2017 Application Form via online mode. The last date to submit the application form is 31 Oct 2017. Candidates are advised to carefully go through eligibility criteria before applying and Provide only legit information in the application form.
Application fee :
Category Wise application fee for B.Des & GDPD Academic year 2018-19 is given below
Category Wise application fee for M.Des Academic year 2018-19 is given below
For B.Des Course
- Candidate must have either passed or will appear for in class 12th exam in the academic year 2017–18 in any stream from CBSE , IB , ICSE or their equivalent
- Age limit (upper) for general category candidates is 20 years as on 30 Jun 2018. OBC-NCL, SC, ST candidates should adhere to age limit of 23 years. Whereas PwD students can have upper age of 25 years. Upper age limit for foreign nationals is same as that of Indian national general category
For M.Des Course
- Bachelor degree of minimum 4 year duration in any stream after 10+2. Candidate must have passed / has appeared for / is appearing for degree exam before Jul 2018
- Bachelors degree of minimum 3 years duration in any specialization under 10+2. Here, candidate should have passed degree exams before Jul 2018
- Full time Diploma of minimum 4 years in Design / Fine Arts / Applied Arts / Architecture after 10+2. Those who have either passed / appeared / appearing for degree exam before Jul 2018 are eligible
- Age limit (upper) for general category candidates is 30 years as on 30 Jun 2018. OBC-NCL, SC, ST candidates should adhere to age limit of 33 years . Whereas PwD students can have upper age of 30 years. Upper age limit for foreign nationals is same as that of Indian national general category
Admit card for NID 2018 will be issued to those candidates who have successfully submitted the complete application form before or on the last date as per the schedule provided above. Admit card is an important document as it contains details like exam venue and exam time. candidates without admit card will not be allowed to sit for exam.
The Design Aptitude test will be conducted in two stages
- Stage 1: NID DAT (Prelims)
- Stage 2: NID DAT (Mains)
The DAT prelims primarily evaluates each candidates on the following abilities
DAT consist of examination for three hours duration and will be marked out of 100 points. This is a pen and paper test conducted at the same time on the same day across all centers
The DAT Prelims consists of two parts:
- Part I: Multiple-choice questions marked out of 70 points. This part has questions with
one or more than one correct answer. The responses of this part will be recorded on an
OMR sheet and evaluated digitally.
- Part II: Subjective questions marked out of 30 points, with responses to be provided in
visual and/or written formats.
The Question paper is in English and there is no negative marking.
Based on the DAT Prelims scores, separate merit lists shall be prepared for each
category (OPEN, OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PwD). Only shortlisted candidates will be eligible to
appear for the DAT Mains exam as per the schedule announced.
Separate merit list will be prepared for Overseas candidates.
NID 2018 Result
Result of NID 2018: Based on the scores obtained in DAT, separate merit lists shall be prepared for each category (General, OBC-NCL, SC, ST & PH). Result for Admission to NID will be be declared on the official website.
Based on the Merit list of DAT Prelims, eligible candidates will have to appear for DAT Mains. The number of candidates shortlisted will be no less than three times the number of seats available per category in that discipline or programme. If the total scores of two or more candidates in the DAT Prelims are the same, they will be assigned the same rank.
To Check Complete details about NID 2018 admissions, download information brochures provided below.