MH Law CET 2018 – MH Law CET 2018 is the Maharashtra Common Entrance Test for admission to the law courses. MH Law CET 2018 is being organized by the State Common Entrance Test Cell for admission to 5-Year Integrated Full Time Regular Under-Graduate Degree Course (LL.B 5 year) and 3-Year Full-Time Regular Degree course (LL.B 3 year) in Law for the academic year 2018-2019. MH Law CET 2018 exam date, application form, admit card, exam pattern, result and all other details will be announced by the Government of Maharashtra. Get all the details of MH Law CET 2018 here.
MH Law CET 2018
The admissions to the following institutes will be done by the Competent Authority, provided they are approved and recognized by Government of Maharashtra and are affiliated to any of the Non-agricultural University in the State of Maharashtra State :
- The Government College offering LL.B (3-Year/ 5-Year) Course
- All Government Aided Colleges (including Minority) offering LL.B (3-Year/ 5-Year) Course
- All University Departments offering LL.B (3-Year/ 5-Year) Course
- All University Managed Institutes offering LL.B (3-Year/ 5-Year) Course
- All Un-aided colleges (including Minority) offering LL.B (3-Year/ 5-Year) Course, covered as per the Act.
Expected Schedule for MH Law CET 2018 is given below.
|Online Registration starts from||First week of May 2018|
|Closure of registration of application||–|
|Issue of Hall Ticket||Second week of May 2018|
|Date of Online MH Law CET 2018 Exam||Third week of May 2018 (LL.B 5 Year)
ThirdMay 2018 (LL.B 3 Year)
|Declaration of result of the MH Law CET 2018
5 years LLB
3 years LLB
|First week of June 2018
First week of June 2018
Application Form 2018
Online Application Form of MH Law CET 2018 will be available on the official website at www.dhepune.gov.in or www.mahacet.org. The candidates are required to apply through online mode only. No other mode of application will be accepted. The direct link to fill online application form of MH Law CET 2018 will also be given below.
- Application form link will be available here..!!
Procedure for Online Application Form Filling and Registration for MH Law CET
(A) Before applying online, applicants should-
- Check for eligibility criteria.
- Scan their photograph and signature ensuring that both the photograph and signature adhere to the required specifications as given under Guideline for photograph & signature scan and upload.
- Have a valid e-mail ID and mobile no., which should be kept active till the completion of this admission Process.
- Arrange for Application Fees (Non refundable), Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees/intimation charges will have to be borne by the applicant.
(B) Application Registration Procedure for CET
- Applicants to visit DHE’s website at www.dhepune.gov.in or www.mahacet.org and open the given link. For filling the Online Application Form, they should click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and E-mail ID. A provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Applicant should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password in their note book and preserve it. An Email and SMS indicating the Provisional Registration Number and Password will also be sent on the Mobile Number given.
- In case the applicant is unable to complete the application form in one go, he/she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application applicants are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
- Applicants are advised to carefully fill and verify the details filled in the online application themselves as no change will be possible/ entertained after clicking the FINAL SUBMIT BUTTON.
- The Name of the applicant or his/her Father/Husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the SSC/HSC/equivalent Certificates/ Mark sheets. Any change/ alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
- Applicants should Validate their filled in details and Save their filled in application by clicking the ‘Validate Your Details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Applicants can proceed to upload Photo & Signature as per the specifications given in the Guide lines for Scanning and Upload of Photograph and Signature.
- Applicants can proceed to fill other details of the Application Form.
- Click on the Preview Tab to preview and verify the entire application form before FINAL SUBMISSION.
- Modify details, if required, and click on ‘FINAL SUBMIT ONLY’ after verifying and ensuring that the photograph, signature uploaded and other details filled by you are correct.
- Click on ‘Payment’ Tab and proceed for payment.
- Click on ‘Submit’ button.
(C) Payment of Examination Fees
- The application form is integrated with payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro). Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallet.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, Please wait for the intimation from the server. Do not press back or refresh button in rder to avoid double charge.
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
- Non-generation of ‘e-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, applicants are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
- Applicants are required to take a printout of the e-Receipt and online application form and preserve it properly. Please note that if the same cannot be generated, online transaction may not have been successful.
- For Credit Card users: All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based at prevailing exchange rates.
- To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
- There is facility to print application form containing fee details after payment of fees. Candidates are advised to take a print out of the application form containing feedetails and preserve it.
Last Year Eligibility Criteria is given below.
Nationality: The candidate should be an Indian Citizen. The candidate belonging to the type [NRI, PIO, OCI and Foreign National Students] with following Academic Eligibility is not required to appear for CET Examination. They must apply only for CAP rounds.
Eligibility for Appearing to MH LL.B (5 Year) CET
- For Maharashtra State Candidates: The candidates passing SSC(X Std.) and HSC (XII Std.) Examination from a recognized institution in Maharashtra State or the candidates passing equivalent examination (such as 11+1, A level in Senior Secondary School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized Board/University of India or outside Board/University in Maharashtra or from Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government, with at least 45% marks in aggregate and 40% marks in aggregate in case of SC and ST applicants having valid Caste Certificate of State of Maharashtra .
- For Outside Maharashtra State Candidates:- Candidates who have done their SSC and HSC from Outside Maharashtra State Board/ University, (belonging to any category) will be considered as Open Category Candidate irrespective of their Caste/ Category, and Criteria applicable to Open category candidates will be applicable to them.
- An applicant who have successfully completed Senior Secondary School course (‘+2’) or equivalent such as (11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving Certificate Course) from a recognized University of India or outside or from Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the Government of that country for the purpose of issue of qualifying certificate on successful completion of the Course Examination, with minimum of 45% Marks in aggregate. (SC and ST Category candidates belonging to the State of Maharashtra with valid Caste Certificate from State of Maharashtra with minimum 40% Marks in aggregate). (Reference: Rules of Legal Education, 2008 (5(b) Page 5-6) Govt. Extra-ordinary Gazette dated 11/3/2016.
- Candidates having passed SSC (X Std.) or equivalent Examination following regular mode/pattern and having Completed +2 – Higher Secondary Pass Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission in the integrated 5 Yrs. Course with minimum of 45% Marks in aggregate. (Candidates belonging to SC and ST Category belonging to the State of Maharashtra and valid caste certificate from the state of Maharashtra with minimum 40% Marks in aggregate) are eligible for admission.
- The candidates who have obtained 10th Std./Secondary School Certificate (SSC) Examination, in a single sitting examination without having basic qualification (1st to 9th Standard of schooling) and completed 12th Std. (HSC) equivalent examination in single sitting is not eligible for admission.
- An applicant who has passed the 11th(old Pattern)/12th std. /Pre Degree Course(old pattern) examination from State/Central Boards of Schooling or from Open Schooling System/regular system recognized & established by the Government of the State/India or International Board of School Education, after prosecuting the basic course of studies in the pattern of 1st to 10th standards in Regular mode, at Secondary Schooling is eligible for admission to five year Integrated LL.B Course. The Basic qualifications i.e. X Std. (SSC.)Must not be obtained from Open School/University System.
Candidates who are appearing for the Qualifying Examination (HSC/XII Std. or Equivalent Examination) in the academic year 2018-2019 are also eligible to apply for CET/ Entrance Examination. Such candidates will become eligible for admission only if they score minimum required percentage of marks in the qualifying examination and produce marks Memo/ Degree Certificate of the Qualifying Examination while filling in the Form for CAP.
Eligibility for Appearing to MH LL.B (3 Year) CET
- The candidate should be a Graduate and or Post Graduate in any faculty/discipline od knowledge of any University in Maharashtra established by an act of Parliament or by the State Legislature or an equivalent National Institution recognized as a Deemed to be University or Foreign University recognized as equivalent to the status of an Indian University by an Authority competent to declare equivalence, with minimum 45% Marks in aggregate for Open Category candidates ( i.e. 45% Marks for all the parts of the Degree Examination taken together), and 40% Marks in aggregate in degree examination in all parts of the Degree Examination for candidates belonging to SC and ST Category belonging to State of Maharashtra only.
- The Candidate who has passed the 3 year undergraduate degree and or 2/3 Yrs. Post Graduate Degree from university mentioned in 5.2.1 above after prosecuting the studies in the educational pattern of 10+2+3 and/or 10+2+3+2/3 Yrs. with regular studies at Secondary (SSC) and Higher Secondary (HSC) schooling.
- The Candidates who have completed 10 (SSC) +2 (HSC) Education following Regular Mode are also eligible for admission to LL.B 3 Yrs. CET 2018 provided they have completed their Graduation and or Post Graduation through Regular Mode/Open or Distance Mode.
- Candidates from Out- side Maharashtra Universities will be considered as Open Category candidates irrespective of their Caste/Category and criteria applicable to Open Category candidates will be applicable to them ( Outside Maharashtra University Graduates/Post Graduates.,
- If the Candidate has not obtained any of the qualifications prescribed in the pattern of 10+2+3, then he/she will not be eligible for admission to any of the three year LL.B. Degree course. This means that candidate having Non-sequential Educational Qualifications will not be eligible for admission to LL.B-3 Yrs. CET/ Course.
- The Candidate will be held eligible, if doesn’t have prescribed minimum percentage of marks in aggregate at U.G. Degree examination, but has obtained prescribed Minimum Aggregate percentage at the P.G. degree examination provided, he/she have prosecuted the study pattern in the 10+2+3 OR 10+2+3+2/3 format.
- The applicant who has passed the qualifying examination (U.G. or P.G. degree) in a single sitting Examination without having basic qualifications of (10+2+3) is not eligible for admission to 3 year LL.B course since 10+2 is the essential qualification for Law Admissions.
Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination in the academic year 2018-2019 are also eligible to apply for MAH-LL.B-3–CET-2018 / Entrance Examination. Such candidates will become eligible for admission only if they produce marks Memo/ Degree Certificate of the Qualifying Examination while filling in the Form for CAP only if they score minimum required percentage of Aggregate marks in the Qualifying Examination.
Maharashtra Law CET Exam Pattern
MH Law CET 2018 shall be conducted only in the Online Mode in Multiple Sessions, if required. Candidates shall have to appear for the Online CET strictly as per the date and session allotted to them at the allotted Venue and Center. No candidate will be allowed to appear for the Test in other than the allotted session.
Last Year Exam Pattern was as follows:
The On Line CET is comprising of one paper containing following areas :
|Area||LL.B (3 year)
No of questions
|LL.B (5 year)
Marks per question
|Marks per Question|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||40||01|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||40||30||01|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||40||01|
- The questions will be objective Multiple Choice Questions with Four options.
- There is no Negative marking.
- The time allotted is 2 Hours i.e. One Hundred and Twenty Minutes.
- The Questions will be in English language and also its translated version in Marathi.
Admit Card for MH Law CET 2018 is issued on the official website at www.dhepune.gov.in or www.mahacet.org. The candidates are required to enter the Registration No / Roll No &Password / DOB(DD-MM-YY). to download your Admit card. The direct link to fill online application form of MH Law CET 2018 is also given below.
- Admit card link will be available here..!!
The candidate needs to affix recent recognizable photograph on the Hall Ticket preferably the same provided/uploaded during registration and appear at the examination centre with 1) Hall ticket ii) Original Photo Identity Proof as stipulated below and proof of change in name, in original, if required, also specified in the Hall Ticket and photo Identity proof as brought in original.
MH Law CET 2018 Result will be declared officially. Candidates who will be appeared in the CET can check the Result on the official website. To check the MH Law CET Result, the candidates have to enter the registration/roll no. The direct link to check the Result will also be provided below.
How to check the Result online?
- Visit the official website www.mhpravesh.in OR click the direct link given above.
- Enter the Registration No or the Roll no. as indicated on the Hall Ticket.
- Click the Submit button.
- Result will be displayed on the screen.
- Save and Print the Result for further admission process
CAP Admission Process 2018
Centralised Admission Process (CAP) for LLB 3 Yrs will be announced after the declaration of result. All Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State Candidature, All India Candidature (OMS), Jammu and Kashmir Migrant (J & K Migrant) Candidature who have appeared for MAH-LL.B- 3 Yrs. CET 2018 and have scored Non Zero Score and desire to participate in the Centralised Admission Process (CAP) can apply through the link given.
Note:- Candidates need not upload or submit any documents On-line. Candidate should take the Printout of Application form (Part-I) and Option form (Part-II) & Save both the form on Desktop, Laptop or Pen drive. Both forms are required at the time of Admission.
Admission through MH Law CET
The following institutes is taking admission through Maharashtra Law CET.