J&K Diploma Polytechnic 2018 Entrance Test will be conducted by BOPEE. The J&K Board of Professional Entrance Examinations (BOPEE) was established by the Act of State Legislature. Under the Act, the Board is entrusted with the task of conducting entrance tests and recommending selection of candidates for admission to various professional courses in the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
J&K Diploma Polytechnic 2018
Polytechnic Diploma Entrance Exam is conducted by JAKBOPEE every year for admissions in the 3-year technical course in various branches in J&K. Diploma Entrance Exam 2018 in Jammu & Kashmir will be held in May 2018 and the J&K Diploma Polytechnic 2018 Application Form for the interested students will be available in the market. We are sharing all details about this Entrance Exam 2018 like the Online application forms. Also, some of the important dates like Exam Date of Diploma Entrance exam 2018 in J&K.
For the academic year 2018, the BOPEE shall recommend candidates for admission to the first semester of various full-time diploma programmes either through the entrance test or on the basis of academic merit of qualifying examination of the candidates depending upon the number of applications received. If the applications for admission are more in number than the seats available, the admission shall be recommended through entrance test.
Expected Schedule for the J&K Diploma Polytechnic 2018 is given below.
|Availability of Online application||3rd week of Feb 2018|
|Last date for submission of online application||Last week of Mar 2018|
|Issue of e-Admit Card||Last week of Apr 2018|
|Date of Entrance Test||2nd week of May 2018|
|Answer Keys||2nd week of May 2018|
J&K Diploma Polytechnic Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must:
- Be permanent resident of the State as defined in section 6 of the Constitution of the J&K;
- Have passed Secondary School Examination (Matriculation or equivalent examination) from a recognised statutory Board. The candidates appearing/appeared in 10th class examination can also apply for the Entrance Test;
- Have obtained 40% marks in 10th class in case of open merit and 37% marks in case of reserved category; and
- have passed Science and Math subjects in 10th class examination at the time of counselling and secured percentage of marks.
Note: There is no age bar for appearing in the Entrance Test for admission to Polytechnic Courses, both in Government and Private Colleges.
J&K Diploma Polytechnic Admit Card 2018
The Admit Card for J&K Diploma Polytechnic Entrance Test 2018 will be issued by the JKBOPEE. The candidates can download the Admit Card from the official portal by entering the Application No. and Date of Birth.
Link to download Admit card will be provided here…!!
- The candidates are required to affix recent passport size photograph on Electronic Admit Card downloaded by them from the official website of the BOPEE and they should carry with them any one of the below mentioned Photo ID Proofs in original positively for their identification: Election ID Card /Adhar Card, Pan Card, Driving License, Photo ID issued by concerned College or Passport
- No candidate shall be allowed to enter Test Centre/venue without valid Admit Card in original.
- Admit card can be downloaded within the prescribed date. However, mere possession of admit card shall not confirm eligibility on a candidate who is otherwise ineligible to appear in the Entrance Test.
- Applicants, who don’t have internet facility, may avail this facility at the Help Desk of I.T. Section of BOPEE with prior telephonic appointment, on nominal fee of Rs. 100/=, on any working day at the below mentioned BOPEE offices:
- BOPEE Office, Bhagat-i-Barzullah, opposite J&K Bank, Srinagar-190005 (10 A.M. to 5 P.M.)
- BOPEE Office, 4th Floor, South Block, Bahu Plaza, Jammu-180012 (10 A.M. to 5 P.M.)
- Candidates shall have to preserve admit cards till the allotment of seats/completion of selection/admission process.
- Admit card is an extremely important document. It should not be mutilated, defaced or changed in any manner which makes it doubtful.
Conduction of Entrance Examination
It shall be the sole responsibility of the candidate to check the Question Booklet before attempting to answer any question. Where a Question Booklet has any missing page, blank page, missed question or damaged or defaced page, it shall be the responsibility of the concerned candidate to bring it into the notice of the concerned invigilator and get it replaced by a new Booklet of the same series. The Question Booklet must have 180 questions. No complaint in this regard shall be entertained by the Board after the conclusion of the examination
There shall be only one paper in the entrance test having 180 questions of one mark each, with time duration of 3.00 hours. The candidates should check their Question Booklets before attempting any question and should ensure that the Booklet contains 180 Questions. In case of any missing question/page/ blank page or damaged/defaced Question Booklet, it shall be the sole responsibility of the candidate concerned to report it to the Invigilator and get it replaced by the same series, failing which no complaint can be entertained afterwards.
The medium of test will be English only.
The broad distribution of questions in different subjects shall be:-
- English – 30,
- Physics – 50,
- Chemistry – 30 and
- Mathematics – 70
The question paper shall be objective type containing multiple choice answers. It contains several pages stapled together in one cover. The questions are based on knowledge, understanding and application of the relevant subject that a student of 10th standard is expected to possess. All questions are compulsory. There is 0.2 negative marks for every wrong answer. A candidate having less than ten (10) marks shall not be considered for admission.
Candidates should not make any type of marking on the Question Booklet. Paper for rough work is included in the Question Booklet.
Each Question Booklet has four series, which are in alphabets i.e. A, B, C, D printed on the cover page of the Question Booklet. At the end of the test, candidates can take the Question Booklets with them.
- The Entrance Test shall be held at the centres as may be specified by the Board in the cities of Srinagar and Jammu only.
- Centres shall be allotted by the BOPEE and the information regarding this shall be provided to the candidates on the Admit Cards.
- The Test Centre once allotted shall not be changed under any circumstances.
- The Board shall not conduct another test in any circumstances what so ever for those candidates who fail to appear in the test on the scheduled date.
Candidates can check last year’s syllabus from below.
Given below are the last year fees structure of Govt. & Pvt. Polytechnic.
- Government Polytechnic – Rs.2230/- per annum
- Private Polytechnics
- Tuition Fee (Including Development Fund) – Rs.13,650/- per annum
- Refundable Security Payable only once at the time of admission to first year of the course:
- College Security Rs.500/-
- Library Security Rs.500/-
The fee indicated above shall be inclusive of all the fees. No other fee shall be charged by the institution from the students in the name of admission fee, sports fee or any other fee. However, the fee payable to the J&K State Board of Technical Education on account of examination/registration etc. shall be charged extra as per the fee fixed by the State Board of Technical Education. The complaints, if any, regarding fee structure shall be handled by the State Board of Technical Education.
Fee fixation is not the responsibility of BOPEE. The information given is only for the convenience of candidate.
Counselling is an extremely important component in the process of selection which affords the candidates an opportunity for indicating their preferences of disciplines/ institutions. The candidates should make a realistic assessment of the streams they are likely to get and should exercise options accordingly during counselling on the option form, to be given to candidate at the time of counselling. A candidate called for counselling has to pay counselling fees through POS machine available at BOPEE office Srinagar/Jammu along with all documents in original and a set of attested copies of the same and admit card.
The candidates should indicate clearly multiple choices of discipline/ institution in the counselling form which they want to join in order of preference. For example, a candidate indicates his options in the following manner:-
- Civil in Govt. Polytechnic Bikram Chowk, Jammu
- Civil in NITS Polytechnic, Jammu
- Civil in IECS Polytechnic, Jammu
- Electrical in North Polytechnic, Jammu
In this case, the candidate will first be considered for No. 01 (Civil in Govt. Polytechnic, Bikram Chowk, Jammu). If this seat is not available, then he/she will be considered for No. 2 (Civil in NITS Polytechnic, Jammu) and again in case of non availability of the seat of serial No 2 he/she will be considered for other seats indicated in the Counselling Form.
Candidates shall have to join the allotted branch/ institution within the specified time as provided in the Notification. In case the candidate does not join the course within the stipulated period, his/ her allotted seat shall automatically stand cancelled and the same seat shall be filled up as a vacant seat.
If the candidate is upgraded or his her College is changed during upgradation counselling fails to join new allotted Stream/ institution, his/her admission in already allotted branch/ institution will automatically get cancelled and the seat will be allotted to next candidate in order of merit and choice through the same or next counselling for such upgradation.
The residual seat, which becomes available after upgradation will be allotted to a candidate next in merit/C.N.A. in the same or subsequent counselling.
The decision of Board concerning allotment of Stream/ Institution shall be final. Choices of Stream/Institution once exercised shall not be allowed to be changed subsequently.