West Bengal Polytechnic Admission 2018 – JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 are entrance exams for Diploma. JEXPO 2018 leads to first year diploma admission in engineering and technology. VOLCET 2018 is for admission to second year diploma in engineering and technology.
West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development commonly known as WBSCTE is looking after events of JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018. Important information and news on JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 are here starting from application form, admit card, exam analysis, to results and counselling.
JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 (WB Polytechnic)
West Bengal Polytechnics which are Government, Government sponsored and Self financed shall offer admission on the basis of WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET 2018 entrance examinations. Complete details of the exam are given here for interested candidates.
JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 Exam Schedule
|Availability of OMR Application Forms & Information Brochure||last week of Jan 2018|
|Last date to submit OMR application forms||2nd week of Mar 2018|
|Admit Card of JEXPO & VOCLET 2018||1st week of Apr 2018|
|Date of JEXPO 2018 exam||last week of Apr 2018|
|Date of VOCLET 2018 exam||1st week of May 2018|
|Date of publication of Result||2nd week of May 2018|
Candidates, please note that no information of JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 has been announced yet. Details updated on this page as per the last year. As soon as JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 details will be announced, same will be updated here.
JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 Application Form
Application form and information brochure shall be available from the Institutions against payment of application fee in cash.
- Link to Fill the Application Application Form will be available here.
Application Fee (including Counseling Fee) – Last year
- For OMR Application Form: Rs.500/- (Rs.250/- for Kanyashree enrollees)
- For Online Application Form: Rs.450/- (Rs.225/- for Kanyashree enrollees)
Place of submission of filled in OMR application form (Any of the below mentioned centers)
- All Government, Government Sponsored and Self-financed polytechnics affiliated to the WBSCT&VE&SD (erstwhile WBSCTE), Government ITI s including PTP run Private and Government ITI s in West Bengal and one centre in Tripura (for JEXPO-2018 only).
JEXPO and VOCLET Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 is given below.
- Candidate must have passed or appeared* in class 10 exam and secured at least 35% marks (without additional subject) in the qualifying examination without rounding up.
- There is no age limit for the JEXPO exam, however candidate’s date of birth should be after 01 July 2003 for this year.
- Candidate should have passed or appeared* class 12 Examination from the WBSCT&VE&SD (VED) [erstwhile WBSCVET) OR passed 2 years ITI after class 10 (Madhyamik) or equivalent examination.
- There is no age limit for WBSCTE VOCLET 2018.
JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 Admit Card
WBSCTE JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 Admit Card will be available for download. Candidates must carry the JEXPO 2018 admit card / VOCLET 2018 admit card on the day of respective exams. The hall tickets will be issued by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education for the entrance exam that is being conducted for Diploma courses admissions in the state.
JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 Result
WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET 2018 Result will be released soon after the examination. Result of JEXPO and VOCLET 2018 will be published by the West Bengal State Council of Technical Education. Candidates can check their results on the official website of the council.
Students can pre-register their Enrolment Number and Mobile Number at www.exametc.com to get the result free on SMS soon after result release.
To get result on SMS:
- For JEXPO: Send SMS as “JEXPOEnrolment No. to 54242”
- For VOCLET: Send SMS as “VOCLETEnrolment No. to 54242”
JEXPO 2018 and VOCLET 2018 Counselling
JEXPO and VOCLET Counselling 2018 will be started after the declaration of result. The counselling procedure will be conducted through online and offline (for vacant seats) process. Candidates will be called for counselling on the basis of merit list.
General Guidelines for the candidates
- Prior to purchase of the application form, one must ensure his/her eligibility for the respective examinations. Once purchased, forms cannot be returned.
- All information related to above examinations shall be available in the respective information brochures. Candidates must go through the brochure thoroughly prior to filling up of the OMR form.
- SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/LLQ certificates should be issued by the competent authority (as mentioned in the brochure) of the state of West Bengal. Such certificates issued from other states are not eligible to avail the scope of reserved category seats. So, candidates of other states should declare them as General Category candidates only. Otherwise, if reserved category seats are allotted to such candidates through online counseling, admission will not be allowed by the Institutions.
- For availing the scope of DQ (district quota) seats under JEXPO, candidates must specify the district of his/her schooling in Madhyamik or equivalent examination.
- At any stage during persuasion of diploma education, if a candidate is found to be ineligible as per admission eligibility norms, his/her candidature will stand cancelled automatically.
- Securing a rank in any of the above examinations does not ensure a seat for admission.