ICAR conducts All India Entrance Examination for Admission (AIEEA) to Bachelor degree programmes in agriculture and allied subjects, other than veterinary sciences. Through AIEEA UG 2018 15% of the Agricultural Universities seats will be filled. For NDRI, Kamal, an ICAR-Deemed-to-be University, 100% seats are filled up through the 23rd AIEEA Examination. National Talent Scholarships (NTS) are awarded based on the AIEEA UG Examination to all those candidates who take admission outside their state of domicile. Further, not more than 40% candidates from any one state are admitted in any agricultural university/subject.
ICAR AIEEA UG 2018
ICAR AIEEA UG 2018 examination for the academic session 2018-19 will be conducted by ICAR for candidates having passed or appearing in 10+2 Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Agriculture / Mathematics. ICAR AIEEA (UG) 2018 is expected to be conducted at 49 examination city centres spread all over the country, enabling participation of a large number of candidates seeking admission in Bachelor degree programmes in Agricultural Universities in different disciplines. Candidates qualified for counselling will be considered for allocation of subject and the Agricultural University as per counselling procedure described hereinafter.
|Commence of Online Application||3rd week of Apr 2018|
|Last date of online application||1st week of May 2018|
|E-Admit Card information||Last week of May 2018|
|Date of Examination||2nd week of Jun 2018|
|Declaration of Result||1st week of Jul 2018|
|Schedule for Counselling||July 2018|
Age and Nationality: Indian Nationals of at least 16 years are eligible to apply for the examination.
Qualifying Examination :
(i) Candidate must have passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other examination within scope and standard found to be equivalent to the Senior Secondary Examination of a recognised Indian Board/university after a period of 12 years of study. Besides, for admission in the Universities specifically located in non-Hindi speaking areas, candidate must have passed English as a core subject in 10+2 examination.
(ii) (a) Candidate must have passed any one of the qualifying examinations enumerated above securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC(NCL) and UPS categories and 40% marks in aggregate for SC, ST and PC categories.
(ii) (b) Candidate having a compartment/ supplementary in any of the subjects will not be eligible unless proof of having cleared the examination with requisite percentage as in 3.2.1(ii)(a) above is available.
Candidate appearing in the qualifying examination enumerated above, can also apply but would be required to submit evidence of having satisfied the conditions in 3.2.1 (i) & (ii), latest by the counseling date/admission, as otherwise the candidature will be automatically cancelled.
While submitting application, candidate must ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria in entirety.
Scheme of Entrance Examination
Date of Examination: 2nd week of Jun 2018
- There will be a single question paper booklet comprising of five subjects-Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics,Biology and Agriculture.
- Out of five subjects in the question booklet,candidate has to attempt/opt/choose only three subjects
- Question paper will have 60 multiple-choice objective type questions for each subject i.e. 60 questions in Physics, 60 questions in Chemistry, 60 questions in Mathematics, 60 questions in Biology and 60 questions in Agriculture, each with four options.Only 180 questions have to be attempted out of any of the five subjects based on the subjects studied at 10+2 level.
- Marking Scheme: Each correctly answered question will earn four marks, with a maximum of 720 marks for the paper. For each incorrect answer one mark will be deducted from the total score. Question with no response indicated will not be awarded any mark and there will be no negative marking for that question. The candidates are advised not to attempt such questions in the OMR answer sheet, for which they are not sure of the correct answer. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect answer and will invite negative marking.
- Candidate will be required to choose the correct answer and mark in the OMR answer sheet by darkening the corresponding circle/bubble against the serial number of the question with black/ blue ball-point pen.
- Question paper for the examination shall be bilingual, i.e., in ENGLISH and HINDI. In case of any variation in English and Hindi versions of question(s), English version will be taken as the final and correct version.
ICAR National Talent Scholarship (NTS)
National Talent Scholarship would be available through the Agricultural University concerned, to every student admitted on ICAR seat at any Agricultural University in a state outside his/her domicile state, at the rate of Rs.2,000/- per month during the period of study.
Method of Selection
The candidate declared/notified as qualified for counseling, based on the merit-rank, shall register for online counseling as per counseling instructions. Candidate shall forfeit the claim for admission if he/she, does not register for counseling with in specified date and time. Candidate who has not been declared/ notified as qualified for counseling, shall not be considered for admission on ICAR quota seats in any Agricultural University at any stage.
Candidate will be recommended for admission in the ICAR accredited subject/degree programme of choice in the accredited Agricultural Universities on the basis of merit in the Entrance Examination and availability of seats at his/her merit-rank during online counseling.
List of original documents with self-attested photocopies, photographs to be produced at the time of admission in the allotted university is as under:
- All certificates and mark sheets/grade reports, in original related to Class X and XII, Transfer Certificate/ School Leaving Certificate, Character Certificate from the School last attended.
- In case of candidates from SC, ST and non-creamy layer of OBC categories, Original Certificate as per Central Govt. requirements and issued by Competent Authority.
- Medical Certificate in case of Physically Challenged (PC) candidates issued by Medical Officer of any Government Hospital with description of the kind and the degree of disability.
- In case the Date of Birth is not mentioned in Class X Certificate, Date of Birth (DOB) Certificate.
- e- Admit Card, hard copy of Online application Form and letter issued by the ICAR to qualified candidates related to admission.
- Three recent and clear passport size color photographs with name and date same as uploaded on the Application Form.
- Domicile certificate.
- Aadhaar card or 28 digit Aadhaar Enrolment ID copy or in case of candidates from J&K,Assam & Meghalaya, a copy of passport /ration card /bank passbook or any other valid Govt. Identity card as applicable.
Admission through ICAR Examination
Based on the overall merit-rank, the candidate is allowed to take admission in a specific degree programme at an Agricultural University as per his/her choice and availability of seat at that merit-rank through a process of online counseling as explained at item 9.0. In the matter of allotment/admission of candidates to respective Agricultural Universities, the decision of the ICAR/Agricultural University concerned shall be final. Once a candidate accepts admission /joins an Agricultural University, he/she will be a bona-fide student of that Agricultural University and would, thereafter, be governed by all the academic rules/regulations including migration, as applicable at that university. ICAR will not entertain any direct request from the candidates in any such matters thereafter.
Candidate selected for admission through All India Entrance Examination for Admission, conducted by ICAR, may seek admission only during the session for which the Examination has been conducted. He/she will not be entitled for admission in subsequent sessions and thus cannot claim for seat allotment in other sessions/years based on this year’s examination.
Female candidates admitted through this examination on ICAR seats should be accommodated, to the extent possible,in the main campus of the University or in the campus located in a major city where there are adequate facilities for the stay of female students.
In case, at any stage, the documents submitted by the candidate are found to be fake/ forged, admission of the candidate will be forfeited and he/she shall be liable for consequential legal action
If any candidate/person engages in act(s) that might possibly lead to the leakage of question paper(s), or attempt to use or help in the use of unfair means in the examination, he/she will be liable to legal action under the Indian Penal Code, and his/her candidature would be forfeited.
Any external pressure/canvassing by any candidate for admission will be treated as disqualification and would invite cancellation of admission.