ICAR PG Entrance Exam 2018 – Triggered primarily by professional and academic linkage with Agricultural Universities (AUs), ICAR has been able to foster a countrywide arrangement with the AUs to set aside 25% seats of their seats for Master degree programmes to be admitted through ICAR’s All India Entrance Examination so as to reduce inbreeding, increase mobility among students, encourage national integration and infuse merit and uniform examination standards leading to improved overall quality of agricultural education. Besides, all (100%) seats of the four ICAR-DUs namely, Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), National Dairy Research Institute (NDRI) and Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE) are also filled up through the same examination.
Brief details of ICAR AIEEA PG 2018
- Name of the exam – ICAR PG Entrance Exam 2018 (ICAR AIEEA PG)
- Conducted body – ICAR
- Date of the exam – Second week of Jun 2018
ICAR AIEEA PG 2018
ICAR Junior Research Fellowships for postgraduate studies namely, ICAR-JRF (PGS) will be awarded to 475 candidates based on merit in this examination as per their overall merit-rank and seat availability in different disciplines. Candidates qualified for counselling will be considered for allocation of subject and the Agricultural University as per counselling procedure. There is no direct nomination through ICAR in any Master degree programme without qualifying in this examination.
Expected dates for ICAR AIEEA PG 2018 are given below.
|Commence of Online Application||Third week of Apr 2018|
|Last date of online application|
|E-Admit Card||Last week of May 2018|
|Date of Examination||Second week of June 2018|
|Declaration of Result|
|Schedule for Counselling/Personal Appearance||Second and third week of Jul 2018|
- Candidate must have passed (or due to appear at the final examination) their Bachelor degree from a recognized university in the concerned field under 10+2+5 (B.V. Sc. & A.H.), 10+2+4, 10+6 years degree programmes may apply for this examination. Few options for the candidates having passed Bachelor degree with 10+2+3 year degree programme are available in only two ICAR-DUs namely IARI Pusa and NDRI Karnal in some courses. For admission in M.V.Sc, candidates must have completed B.V.Sc & A.H. with internship before the date of admission
- The candidate must have passed Bachelor degree examination securing Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 6.60/10.00 in ten-point scale, 3.25/5.00 in five-point scale, 2.60/4.00 in four-point scale for General, OBC and UPS categories whereas for SC/ST/Physically Challenged (PC) candidates, the said requirement is an OGPA of at least 5.60/10.00, 2.75/5.00, 2.20/4.00, respectively. In other cases, where grade-points are not awarded and only marks are awarded, the candidate must have secured at least 60% marks for General, OBC and UPS categories, whereas for SC/ST/PC categories the requirement is 50% marks. (Please note that equivalence between OGPA and % marks will not be acceptable).
Age and Nationality
- Indian Nationals having age, not below 19 years are eligible to appear in the examination. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
Exam Duration – 2½ hours
Major Subject Groups, Question Papers and Writing Answers in the Examination
- The examination shall have one question paper for each of the 20 major subject-groups, consisting of 150 multiple-choice objective type questions, each with four options and also 10 cross-matching type questions, each having five sub-questions/pairings for every subject-group paper.
- In each subject-group, 150 multiple choice, objective type questions would be serially numbered from 1-150 whereas 10 cross-matching type questions would be serially numbered from 151-160.
- Each correctly answered multiple-choice objective type question will earn four marks whereas each correctly answered cross-matching type question will earn 5 marks (1 mark for each correct pairing) with a maximum of 650 marks for each major subject-group paper.
- For each incorrectly answered multiple-choice objective type question, one mark would be deducted from the total score whereas for each incorrectly answered cross-matching type sub-question/pairing, 0.2 marks would be deducted from the total score.
- Question with no response indicated will not be awarded any mark and there will be no negative marking for that question.
- The candidates are advised not to attempt such questions in the OMR answer sheet, for which they are not sure of the correct answer. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect answer and will invite negative marking.
Candidate will be required to choose the correct answer and mark in the OMR answer sheet by darkening the corresponding circle/bubble against the serial number of the question with black/ blue ball-point pen.
A visually challenged (blind) candidate, can request for the services of amanuensis (Scribe) who must be one grade junior in academic qualification i.e. not more than XII pass in the present case and should not be related to the candidate. For amanuensis, the candidate must submit a separate request letter, at least one week in advance, to the concerned Nodal Officer of the Examination City Centre giving a copy of the PD/PC certificate issued by a competent authority. The services of amanuensis (Scribe) who should be from academic discipline other than that of the candidate, shall be provided free of cost by the Nodal Officer. The scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking, confirming that the scribe fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe as mentioned above. In case, later on it is proved that candidate has suppressed material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled, irrespective of the outcome of result of the written test. Such candidates who use a scribe shall be eligible for extra time of 50 minutes during examination.
ICAR AIEEA PG 2018 Syllabus
Candidate who is going to appear in ICAR AIEEA PG 2018 exam must have the information of ICAR AIEEA PG 2018 syllabus. For candidate reference, ICAR AIEEA PG 2018 Syllabus is given below. Candidates are advised to must read the syllabus and prepare accordingly for AIEEA PG Entrance Exam 2018
- Get here AIEEA PG 2018 Syllabus – Click Here to download ICAR AIEEA PG 2018 official syllabus.
Admission through ICAR Examination
Based on the overall merit-rank, the candidate is allowed to take admission in a specific degree programme at an Agricultural University as per the choice of the candidate and the availability of seat at that merit rank through a process of counselling. In the matter of allotment/admission of candidates to respective Agricultural Universities, the decision of the ICAR/Agricultural University concerned shall be final. Once a candidate accepts admission/joins an Agricultural University, he/she will be a bonafide student of thatAgricultural University and he/she would, thereafter, be governed by all the academic rules/regulations including migration, as applicable at that university. ICAR will not entertain any direct request from the candidates in any such matters thereafter.
Once recommendation for admission is finalized, change in the placement of subject/university or transfer/ migration would not be permissible under any circumstances. ICAR will have no responsibility for change of subject/university after the counselling. No correspondence in this respect will be entertained. Canvassing of any kind may invite cancellation of admission.
Candidate selected for admission through AIEEA-PG-2018, conducted by ICAR, may seek admission only during the session for which the Examination has been conducted. He/she will not be entitled for admission in subsequent sessions based on this year’s Examination and thus cannot claim for seat allotment in other sessions/years based on this examination.
Female candidates admitted through this examination on ICAR seats should be accommodated, to the extent possible, in the main campus of the University or in the campus located in a major city where there are adequate facilities for the stay of female students.
In case, at any stage, the documents submitted by the candidate are found to be fake/forged, admission of the candidate will be forfeited and he/she shall be liable for consequential legal action.
If any candidate/person engages in act(s) that might possibly lead to the leakage of question paper (s), or 22 attempt to use or help in the use of unfair means in the examination, he/she will be liable to legal action under the Indian Penal Code, and his/her candidature would stand forfeited.
Any external pressure/canvassing by the candidate for admission will be treated as disqualification and his/ her admission will be cancelled forthwith.