Goa CET 2018 Result – DTE, Goa, will announce the result of Goa CET 2018 in the 3rd week of May 2018. It will be declared for all the candidates who appeared for the exam in May 2018. After the announcement of the Goa CET 2018 Result, the conducting body will display the merit list. First, the provisional merit list will be released. It will be uploaded online, in the 2nd week of June 2018. Then, the final merit list of Goa CET 2018 will be announced. Check more details about Goa CET Result 2018 from this page.
Goa CET Result and Merit List Dates
It is very important to understand the schedule of displaying GCET result and Goa CET 2018 merit list. Unlike most of the engineering entrance examinations, the score and merit of Goa CET will be announced separately.
The candidates can keep track of all the events from the table below:
|Goa CET 2018 will be held from||2nd week of May 2018|
|Result will be announced on||3rd week of May 2018|
|Form B can be filled from||Last week of May 2018|
|Uploading of eligibility list at the admission center||1st week of June 2018|
|Provisional merit list will be uploaded||2nd week of June 2018|
|Final merit list announced on||2nd week of June 2018|
|Counselling will begin from||3rd week of June 2018|
Goa CET 2018 Result
The result of Goa CET 2018 will be announced online and offline by DTE Goa. The offline result can be checked from the Notice Board of DTE. However, to check the online result, candidates will have to visit the dtegoa.gov.in and seek the result link. The link to check the result will also be provided below.
- Link to check GCET 2018 Result will be available here..!!
Candidates will be able to check it by following the steps below:
- Visit the official website or click on the link uploaded on this page.
- Enter Goa CET Number in the provided space.
- Check the displayed result.
The result of Goa CET will state the marks and qualifying status of the candidates.
Goa CET Merit List 2018
The merit of Goa CET 2018 is very important because on the basis of it admission will be granted. The merit will only be allocated to those candidates who will qualify the exam and will also submit Form B and secure a place in the eligibility list.
- Link to check GCET 2018 merit list will be available here..!!
The merit list of Goa CET 2018 prepared as follows:
MBBS, BDS, BHMS, BAMS – On the basis of NEET 2018 score
AHS and Nursing – As per the mark scored in Goa CET and there will be no minimum limit.
B.Tech – On the basis of marks in Physics and Mathematics section of Goa CET 2018.
B.Pharm – According to the Physics and Chemistry marks in GCET 2018
B.Arch – As per NATA 2018 and marks in qualifying exam. Equal weightage will be given to the score of both the examination.
Tie Breaking Method used while determining the Goa CET 2018 Merit List:
AHS and Nursing –
- To break tie, marks in Biology section of CET will be checked.
- If tie prevails, Chemistry score in GCET will be considered.
- If this does not resolve the issue then the marks in PCB of qualifying exam will be used.
- Next, the marks in Biology subject in qualifying exam will be take into consideration.
- Marks in Chemistry subject in qualifying exam will be checked if the above process did not solve the problem.
- Lastly, the age will be checked and the elder candidate will granted higher rank.
- Marks in Mathematics section of CET.
- Next, more marks in Chemistry section will be checked.
- If there is still tie, marks in Physics and Mathematics subject in qualifying exam will be considered.
- To break tie further, marks in Mathematics subject in qualifying exam will be checked.
- If nothing worked, elder candidate will be granted merit.
- Higher marks in Chemistry will be granted higher rank.
- If tie remains, Physics and Chemistry marks in the qualifying exam will be checked.
- To break the tie further, applicant with higher marks in Chemistry will be allocated higher rank.
- Lastly, as per the age the candidates born early will be granted higher merit.
- First, to break the tie, the higher marks in NATA will be checked.
- Next, the score in Mathematics section will be checked.
- If the tie is not resolved by the above, then according to the age the elder candidates will be granted merit.
Goa CET 2018 Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme
Government of Goa has approved Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme by AICTE for the technical institutes of Goa. As per the scheme, fee waiver will only be granted if:
- The family income, from all sources, is less than Rs. 6,00,000.
All the candidates featured in the general merit list will be considered for fee waiver. These candidates will have to submit a copy of the income certificate along with the Form B. Then, even during the document verification round the candidates will have to produce an original certificate. Failing to show original certificate will harm the candidature.