GATE 2018 Application Form is now available on the official website of GATE 2018 i.e. GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) – www.gate.iitg.ac.in. Note that the GATE 2018 application form is not available for sale or otherwise anywhere and only available & fill in ONLINE mode. The online portal for application has been opened from 31 Aug 2017 earlier than the proposed date 1 Sep 2017. Candidates who are interested to appear in GATE 2018 may check all the details such as last date, application fees, application procedure, etc from below on this page.
GATE 2018 Application Form
Candidates have to register and fill the application via ONLINE mode ONLY at GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS). The link has been made available on GATE 2018 website www.gate.iitg.ac.in. The entire process of filling up of the application form and uploading of certificates/documents, etc. is in online mode only. The candidates should not send any hard copy of his/her application form/documents etc. to IIT Guwahati or any of the zonal GATE offices.
Schedule of GATE 2018 has been provided below.
|GATE 2018 Application process starts|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application||05 Oct 2017|
|Last Date for Requesting Change of Examination City
(an additional fee will be applicable)
|17 Nov 2017|
- To Apply for GATE 2018 – Click Here
- To Check Step by step procedure for Application Process – Click Here
- To Check FAQs related to Application Process – Click Here
Before submitting the GATE 2018 Application Form, please ensure that all the details and all the necessary supporting documents are filled/uploaded and there is NO ERROR in that process. An application once submitted CANNOT be changed/rectified. As a checklist the candidate MUST verify that he/she has filled in and uploaded the following information, whichever is applicable:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s/guardian’s name, parent’s/guardian’s mobile number, etc.).
- Address for Communication (including PIN code).
- Eligibility degree details (College address, PIN code of college).
- Eligibility documents required to appear in GATE 2018 (e.g., degree certificate, Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute, etc.).
- Category certificate (SC/ST/PwD) in case a concession in application fee is claimed.
- Good quality image of a recent photograph conforming to the requirements specified.
- Good quality image of signature conforming to the requirements specified.
- Details of the same valid ID Proof that will be carried to the examination hall.
Note: – It is essential that the candidate fills-in the details in GOAPS without ANY ERROR. The application is liable to be REJECTED if there is any error.
GATE 2018 Application Fee
Details of the application fee are given in the table below. The application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable. Payments have to be made online by using either net banking or debit card or credit card. As per the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges can be applicable. These charges will be specified on the payment portal.
|Examination Center in India|
|Female Candidates||Rs. 750|
|SC/ST/PwD Candidates||Rs. 750|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500|
|Examination Center in Outside India|
|Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu Candidates||US$ 50|
|Dubai and Singapore Candidates||US$ 100|
Note – The application fee mentioned above DOES NOT INCLUDE service charges, processing fees and any other charges that the banks may charge.
From the GOAPS portal, the candidate will be redirected to the payment gateway webpage, which provides the payment options. The fee can be paid with net-banking or debit/credit card.
The fee amount and bank charges has been shown to you, and you will have to confirm that the payment is for GATE 2018. Once you confirm and the payment is successful, you will be redirected back to the GOAPS website, from where you will be able to download the pdf copy of application form by clicking “Download Application Form” button.
If you have a difficulty (due to internet connection or power failure problems, for example), and you are not sure whether your payment has been processed or not, then please login back to GOAPS after some time and check the status of the payment.
You can also check the status of transaction from your bank account. In case, the fee amount has been debited (deducted) from your bank account, but GOAPS does not acknowledge any fee payment, then the money will be credited back to your account. However, this may take a week or more, after the closure of the application process.
In such a situation, you may initiate a fresh payment on GOAPS without waiting for the money to be credited back to your account. This will ensure that your application submission will be on time (within the deadline).
Filling in GATE 2018 Application
After due registration, GATE 2018 application must be filled and submitted ONLINE only at GOAPS.
Candidates are discouraged from making application through a third person. If someone else (friend or Internet café person) is filling the application on behalf of the candidate, the candidate must ensure that the data submitted are correct. Based on the earlier experiences, submission through a third person is highly discouraged to ensure an error free application.
Data Requirement for Filling the Application Form: The following data will be required
while filling the form at GOAPS:
- Personal information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parents’ name, parents’ mobile number, etc.). Please note that the name of the candidate in the application form must exactly be the same as that in the qualifying degree certificate or the certificate issued by the Head of the Department/Institute in which the candidate is pursuing his/her study. GATE 2018 scorecard will be issued as per the name entered in the application form. Prefix/title such as Mr/Shri/Dr/Mrs/Smt, etc. should NOT be used before name.
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper (subject)
- Choice of GATE examination cities
- High quality image of candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Scanned copy of the Eligibility Certificate in pdf format (Degree Certificate or Provisional Certificate or Certificate from the Head of the Department/Institute (in the format specified in Appendix A)
- Scanned copy of Category (SC/ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Details of the valid Identity Document (ID) (The same ID, in original, should be carried to the examination hall)
- Net-banking/debit card/credit card details for fee payment
Application Filling: The GOAPS allows you to enter the data, save partially filled form, logout, and resume filling the form by logging in again. The GOAPS portal is self-explanatory and user- friendly. Additional help information required in filling various fields in the GOAPS portal will also be made available.
Before proceed to payment, the candidate is advised to view the filled-in application form by clicking “Save and View Application” button. Please check carefully for any errors in the data entered in the application form. Once the candidate clicks “Submit and Proceed to Payment” button, no further changes to the application can be made. For online payment, follow the instructions given for payment options.
Problems in Login into GOAPS: In case of forgotten user ID or password, follow the instructions on the GOAPS portal to retrieve them.
Scrutiny and Rectification of GATE 2018 Application
All the applications submitted for GATE 2018 examination will be scrutinized for the accuracy of the data, which include uploaded supporting documents, clarity of the photograph and signature. If everything is found to be in order, the application will be accepted. Otherwise, defects in the application will be marked and intimated to the candidate for rectification, which needs to be carried out within a stipulated time. The status of the application and defects identified in the application will be intimated to the candidates by an e-mail and/or SMS. The current status of an application will be updated after its receipt and scrutiny by the respective zonal GATE offices. The status of your application can be checked anytime by logging into GOAPS.
Candidates should act quickly in rectifying the defects in the application and definitely before the stipulated deadline. Failing to rectify the defects within the stipulated time can lead to the rejection of the application and no further communication will be entertained in this regard.