CLAT 2020 (Common Law Admission Test) is an All India common entrance test which will be conducted on a circulation basis by 19 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their UG and PG degree programmes. CLAT 2020 will be held in the month of May 2020. There is no age limit to apply for the entrance test. CLAT 2020 is a computer-based test which will consist of MCQ type questions. The score of CLAT 2020 will be accepted by the 19 NLUs and the institutions having Memorandum of Understanding (MoU).
CLAT 2020 Application Form
CLAT 2020 Application form will be released on the official website. To register for CLAT 2020 students need a valid Email ID and Mobile number. Candidates can register themselves until last week of March 2020. Candidates will be provided the direct link to register for the CLAT 2020 exam. Students who want to pursue undergraduate (3 years) and postgraduate 5 years LL.B or LLM course at various NLUs must fill CLAT 2020 Application form. Candidates can check the complete schedule for CLAT 2020 exam from the table below.
|CLAT 2020||Important Dates|
|Online Registration for CLAT 2020||Second week of Jan 2020|
|Closure of registration for CLAT 2020||Last week of Mar 2020|
|The last date of Printing/downloading of the application||Second week of May 2020|
|Declaration of CLAT 2020 Result||Last week of May 2020|
Application Form: Application Form will be available on the official website.
|SC/ST candidates||Rs 3500/-|
|Gen/OBC/PWD/other candidates||Rs 4000/-|
Mode of Payment
Candidates can pay the Application fee by the following modes:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
Photograph and Images to be uploaded in CLAT 2020 Application Form
In the CLAT 2020 Application Form, the aspirants need to upload the images as per the format and specification are given in the table below.
|Size||20-50 kb||10-20 kb|
|Dimension||200 x 230 pixels||140 x 60 pixels|
How to register for CLAT 2020
Candidates are advised to go through the registration help available on the website before starting the online registration. The interested candidates can fill the form. The form can be filled online from the official website. To fill the entire form, the following steps are mentioned below:
- Apply Online for the Registrations
- Upload the scanned photo and signature
- Fill the Form
- Pay the Application Fee
Registration: To do the registration, the following steps are mentioned here:
- Visit the official website.
- A new page will open with instructions, read it carefully and click on “Click here for new registration”.
- Submit the details: Name, Mobile Number, Email id, Password.
- Click on the “Register” Button.
- An OTP will be sent on the registered mobile number. Using this OTP, candidates will have to validate their registration.
- The login details will be sent to the candidate on the provided Email ID.
Fill Application Form: To fill the application form, the following steps are mentioned here:
- Candidates have to use their Registered Mobile number and password for login in the official website.
- A new page will open in which candidates have to fill the following details:
- Candidate’s Name
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Cast Category
- Resident Category
- Disability Details
- Percentage of Disability
- Requirement of Scribe
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) Category
- State/Union Territory of original residence/Domicile – Candidates have to enter their state of residence.
- Click on “Save Personal Details and Continue”
- Pin code
- Mobile Number
- Alternate Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Click on “Save Communication Details and Continue”
Course and Qualification Details: Candidate has to choose UG or PG law course and enter the qualification details.
- Year of Passing
- Name of Board
- Percentage Obtained in intermediate/graduation
Preference of NLU’s: Candidates have to choose their 3 preferred test centers and 21 preferred NLU’s in the order of preference for admission to NLU.
Required Documents Details: Upload the following documents.
- State Domicile Certificate
Fee Payment: Candidate will have to pay the application fee as per the category prescribed. Candidates can make the payment only in online mode.
Application Form Confirmation: Application form confirmation will be sent on the registered Email ID. If the candidates do not receive the Email confirmation in their inbox, students must also check the Spam folder.
CLAT 2020 Admit Card
CLAT 2020 Admit Card will be available for download on the official website by the third week of April 2020. Candidates can download this admit card by using their registration number and password as login details. It is mandatory for the candidates to bring the admit card of CLAT 2020 on the day of examination along with a govt. approved photo ID proof. Admit Card will have important details such as Date and time of examination, Name, and roll no. of the candidate, Photograph, Date of Birth etc.