CLAT 2018 is the Eleventh Common Law Admission Test. It is one of the most important law entrance exams in India. Both CLAT UG 2018 and CLAT PG 2018 exams will be held on Second week of May 2018, for undergraduate and LL.M admissions. There are to be several test centres of CLAT 2018, and candidates can appear in city of choice. In the first place, know that CLAT 2018 online examination is a computer based test. CLAT Scores are considered by various private law colleges and government undertaking colleges across the country. Get here complete details of CLAT 2018 such as application form, admit card, result, exam pattern, syllabus, cut offs.
CLAT 2018 is the Eleventh Common Law Admission Test. Law aspirants who wish to get admission in the National Law Universities (NLUs) in UG or PG programmes must appear in CLAT 2018. Once the exam is conducted candidates can check Answer keys and Result from the link provided below.
CLAT 2018 Important Dates
|Event Related to CLAT 2018||Dates (Expected)|
|Notification for CLAT 2018||Dec 2017|
|Online availability of application forms, which interested candidates can fill to appear for CLAT 2018||Jan 2018|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||Mar 2018|
|Download CLAT 2018 Admit Card||Apr 2018|
|Date of exam||May 2018|
|Date of uploading of Answer key||May 2018|
|Declaration of CLAT 2018 Result||May 2018|
CLAT Application Form 2018
- Candidates must first determine their eligibility as given below for the Common Law Admission Test. Thereafter, they can fill in the online application form of CLAT 2018 at www.clat.ac.in.
- Once candidate has filled in each details asked in the form, he/she may have to upload necessary documents.
- Details such as candidate’s name, parents’ names, address, educational qualification, will have to be filled in the application form.
- Final stage of CLAT 2018 application form submission is to pay the application fees.
CLAT Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility criteria as per last year is given below.
Candidate must have scored minimum
- For UG Courses: 45% marks (40% for SC / ST) in qualifying examination (i.e. 10+2).
- For PG Courses: 55% marks (50% for SC / ST) in qualifying examination (i.e., LL.B./Five-Year Integrated LL.B./any other equivalent examination).
Those appearing in qualifying examination in March/April 2018 of examination year are also eligible to apply. The result of qualifying examination shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
Important points regarding CLAT 2018 Online Application Form
- You will have to submit correct and verifiable (data that matches with your official documents) in the application form of CLAT 2018.
- Application fee can be paid through net banking, debit card, credit card. Before starting to fill the form, decide which mode of payment best suits you.
- Keep documents such as class 10th mark sheet, class 12th mark sheet and certificate (if already passed), degree certificate (if applying for PG) and other certificates handy while filling the CLAT Application Form.
- Another point to be clear about before filling the CLAT 2018 Form is your preference order for NLUs.
- You will have to enter all the National Law Universities in order of preference, and this cannot be changed after results are announced.
- Photograph and signature to be uploaded should be exactly as specified by the exam conducting body.
CLAT Admit Card 2018
After the application form submission process is completed, the next pre-examination activity is downloading CLAT Admit Card.
You will need the following details to download admit card of CLAT 2018.
- User ID,
CLAT Admit Cards for the Eleventh Common Law Admission Test in the month of April 2018. It is necessary to download the hall ticket before exam, check that details are correct in it, know the examination center.
- Candidate must go to take the test only at the test center that has been mentioned in his / her admit card.
- The hall tickets will be issued to such candidates who have submitted the online application form along with fees, before the last date. CLAT 2018 Admit card will be available for download at www.clat.ac.in as per the schedule given above.
- The candidate must remember enrolment / user ID and password, and must login periodically to see the status of his application, to download the admit card and to know the results later. He/she is also advised to keep visiting CLAT 2018 website for any query or updated information.
CLAT Result 2018
- Answer sheets of candidates will be evaluated as per the final official answer key.
- Candidates will be able to check the CLAT 2018 Answer Key (most probably) after the exam and raise objections wherever genuinely required.
- The CLAT exam conducting body will take objections into consideration and decide upon the final answers.
- Result of CLAT 2018 will be announced indicating ranks obtained by each candidate in the law entrance exam.
- Candidates will be able to log in to check their CLAT Result as per schedule.
Final score shall determine the performance of each candidate in the Common Law Admission test. CLAT 2018 Result will be declared as per the schedule given above. Separate merit lists are drawn for UG and PG programmes.
CLAT 2018 result will include Merit List (Category-wise) along with the notice to the candidates for indicating their choices of University preferences using online candidate portal.
CLAT Examination Pattern
CLAT 2018 Exam Pattern indicates the number of questions to be asked in the CLAT question paper. CLAT 2018 exam will be held in the online mode (computer based test). NLUs shall also provide a mock test for CLAT 2018 preparation. Given here are complete details of the CLAT 2018 exam pattern such as the number of questions asked, marking scheme, duration.
There shall be a system of Negative Marking wherein 0.25 mark each will be deducted for each of the wrong answers to Multiple Choice Questions.
Pattern of questions for admission to UG Courses in CLAT exam 2018
|Duration of examination||Two Hours|
|Subject areas with weightage|
|English including Comprehension||40 Marks|
|General Knowledge/ Current Affairs||50 Marks|
|Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||20 Marks|
|Legal Aptitude||50 Marks|
|Logical Reasoning||40 Marks|
The different subject areas of the examination are explained as under:
- English including comprehension
The English section will test the candidates’ proficiency in English based on comprehension passages and grammar. In the comprehension section, candidates will be questioned on their understanding of the passage and its central theme, meanings of words used therein etc. The grammar section requires correction of incorrect grammatical sentences, filling of blanks in sentences with appropriate words, etc.
- General Knowledge and Currents Affairs
As far as general knowledge is concerned, the candidates will be tested on their general awareness including static general knowledge. Questions on current affairs will test candidates on their knowledge of current affairs.
This section will test candidate’s knowledge on elementary mathematics, i.e. maths taught up to Class X.
- Legal Aptitude
This section will test candidate’s interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem-solving ability. Questions will be framed with the help of legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be “true” in the real sense (e.g. the legal proposition may be that any person who speaks in a movie hall and disturbs others that are watching the movie will be banned from entering any movie theater across India for one year). Candidates will have to assume the “truth” of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.
- Logical Reasoning
The purpose of the logical reasoning section is to test the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links and rectify illogical arguments. It will include a wide variety of logical reasoning questions such as syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
Pattern of questions for admission to PG Courses in CLAT exam 2018
The CLAT Question Paper for PG courses shall have the following pattern:
- Maximum Marks 150
- Duration of CLAT: 02:00 Hours
- Negative marking: 0.25 Mark/wrong answer to MCQ
|Other Law Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, Family Law, property Law, IPR etc.||50|
CLAT online counselling process shall start as per the schedule announced by the exam conducting body. All the candidates who have appeared in CLAT 2018 examination are advised to read carefully counselling and admissions instructions that will be available on the CLAT website after declaration of results, before proceeding for online counselling process.
List of Participating Universities
Last year the list of participating Universities in the order of their establishment are given below:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study & Research (NALSAR) University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai (MNLU)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur (MNLU)
Official Website of CLAT Exam: clat.ac.in.
If you have any queries regarding CLAT Exam, admissions, preparation; please ask here in comments below.