Banaras Hindu University, Institute of Management Studies has released official notification of FMS BHU MBA 2018. The applications are invited for admission to the following two year, four semester Post Graduate Management courses in Business Administration for the academic batch 2018-2020. Candidates who are eligible can fill their application form online through official website. Candidates can check the complete information of FMS BHU MBA 2018 like application form, eligibility criteria, selection process, etc through this page below.
FMS BHU MBA 2018
Candidates seeking admission in MBA course have to submit the application form as per schedule date.
Schedule for FMS BHU MBA 2018 is given below.
|Registration for CAT 2017 starts from||09 Aug 2017|
|Last date for filling the CAT application form||20 Sep 2017|
|CAT Test Date||26 Nov 2017|
|Online application submission for MBA & MBA IB||10 Sep 2017|
|Last date for submission of application form MBA & MBA IB||22 Jan 2018|
FMS BHU MBA 2018 Application Form
Application Form for FMS BHU MBA 2018 is released online at official website of FMS BHU. Candidates are required to check all the details before filling the application process.
Master of Business Administration – (MBA) – 46 seat
With specialization* in Marketing/Human Resource Management / Finance/Operations Management/ Information Technology (as specified in the prevailing ordinance governing the conduct of the Program)
Master of Business Administration – International Business (MBA – IB) – 46 seats
With specialization* in Marketing/ Human Resource Management / Finance/Operations Management/ Information Technology / Global Business Operations (as specified in the prevailing ordinance governing the conduct of the Program)
Eligibility for MBA & MBA-IB Program:
Admission to the MBA & MBA-IB Programs shall be made through CAT. Eligibility criteria defined under CAT shall be deemed as applicable provided candidates belong to categories other than SC / ST has secured a minimum 50% marks at the qualifying examination. For SC/ST candidates, at least 45% marks are required.
- A graduate degree under 10+2+3 Pattern,
- A degree in Agriculture, Technology, Medicine, Education or Law,
- A Post-graduate degree in any discipline.
- The above qualifying degree must be obtained from any Indian University/Institution recognized by AIU/AICTE.
- In order to be eligible for admission the candidate must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate at the qualifying examination as given above under (a), (b) or (c) as the case may be. For SC/ST candidates, at least 45% marks are required.
- A candidate appearing at the qualifying examination is required to furnish a certificate from the Head of the Institution where he/she is pursuing the course of study, to the effect that he/she has appeared or will be appearing in the qualifying examination to be concluded on or before June 30 of the year of admission.
- If such a candidate is offered provisional admission, he/she must submit the proof of acquiring minimum eligibility criteria i.e., Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination by October 05 of the year of admission.
Seat Intake & Reservation
The total intake in the MBA & MBA-IB Programs shall be 46 each and there shall be reservation for the following categories as per University / Government of India Rules:
- SC Candidates – 15 % of the intake
- ST Candidates – 7.5% of the intake
- DA Candidates – 3% of the intake (on horizontal reservation basis)
- NC-OBC Candidates – 27% of the intake
The Category to which the applicant belongs once mentioned on the Application Form will be final and no subsequent change will be allowed. If boxes requiring indication of category on the application form are left blank, the candidate will be treated under “General Category’.
The candidates seeking admission under the above categories must fulfill the minimum eligibility conditions and qualifying requirements.
The SC/ ST candidates must enclose attested copy of the caste certificate along with their Application Form stating that the candidate belongs to SC/ST. Candidates claiming admission under NC-OBC Category must submit latest NC- OBC certificate as per University rule.
I. Admission to the MBA and MBA IB Programs of the Institute will be made on the basis of combined merit of the candidates in CAT conducted by IIM (50%), Academic Records (20%) and Group Discussion & Personal Interview (30%).
Instructions for filling of academic records while submitting admission application form:
- Candidates are required to enter aggregate obtained marks and maximum marks mentioned in the final semester mark-sheet (cumulative of all semesters) on the space provided below (for X, XII & qualifying examination).
- In case, the maximum marks and aggregate obtained marks is not mentioned in the mark-sheet, marks obtained by the candidate in all subjects appeared will be considered (as mentioned in the mark-sheet).
- In case of marks being given in CGPA, or letter grade, the conversion formula be given on the space provided. And if possible, scanned copy of the document having conversion formula must be uploaded.
Note: In case the candidate is appearing in the qualifying examination, the percentage score of two years / three years as the case may be, (ignoring/excluding the final year score) shall be taken for calculating the candidate’s academic records in the qualifying examination.
II. Admission Test – CAT 2017 of Indian Institute of Management
Candidates interested in taking admission to MBA / MBA IB Course at Institute of Management Studies, BHU are required to appear in Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by Indian Institute of Management for the corresponding year. 50% weightage will be given to the CAT Score while calculating the merit for admission to the above Programs.
Registration for CAT 2017 is open from August 9, 2017 to September 20, 2017. The details of CAT 2017 are available in the Web Site (www.iimcat.ac.in). Candidates are also required to apply separately for admission to MBA / MBA IB programs of the Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University through University Admission Portal (www.bhuonline.in) on or before the specified last date for the purpose.
The IM, BHU shall use CAT Score for short-listing candidates for admissions to its Management Programs. IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the program.
III. Group Discussion and Interview (to be conducted by Institute of Management Studies, BHU)
Candidates short-listed on the basis of CAT 2017 score will be called for Group Discussion and Interview which will be conducted in the Institute as per schedule decided by the Admission Committee of the Institute. 30% weightage will be given to the Group Discussion and Interview Score.
Notes: Non-appearance of the candidate in any of CAT, Group Discussion and Interview on the scheduled date and time shall disqualify him/her for admission.
Candidates will be called for counseling for provisional admission in order of their combined merit in CAT 2017, Academic Record and Group Discussion & Interview.
Mere appearance in the CAT, Group Discussion and Interview shall not entitle a candidate to be considered for admission to the course unless he/she fulfils the eligibility conditions. Applicants must fully satisfy themselves about their eligibility before filling the application forms of both, IIM – CAT and Institute of Management Studies, BHU.
In case there are more than one candidate securing equal ranks as obtained by the last candidate in order of merit in the list of candidates to be called for admission, the following inter-se ranking rules of the University shall be applicable.
“In case the candidates have equal ranks then:
- the candidate having secured higher marks in the qualifying examination is eligible;
- In case the mark in the qualifying examination is also equal then the candidate senior in age shall be given preference”.
While coming for counseling for provisional admission, candidates are required to bring with them all the original documents (certificates, Mark-sheets including Caste Certificate, Migration Certificate by non-BHU candidates / Transfer Certificates by BHU candidates etc.) In case provisional admission is offered to a candidate, all his/her original documents will be detained in the Institute and the same will be returned after completion of admission formalities.
The mark-sheet of the qualifying examination of a candidate can be submitted on or before 5 th October of the year of admission and no extension shall be given in this regard on any ground. Confidential results/mark-sheets shall not be accepted. Only the Original Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination after official declaration of the results by the respective examining bodies shall be accepted. Any other document (sealed or confidential mark-sheet) other than a proper mark-sheet issued by the authority like VC/Rector/ PVC/ Registrar/ CE etc. in regard to marks obtained by a candidate shall not be entertained under any circumstances.
Provisional admission to a particular program will depend upon the combined merit in CAT 2017, Academic Records and Group Discussion & Interview and the availability of seat in that program on the date and time of counseling. The mere fact that call letter has been issued shall not entitle a candidate to claim admission.
- First Year – INR 49807.00
- Second Year – INR 49081.00
- Hostel Fee – INR 6700/- (Approx. p.a.) Excluding Mess Charges.
The above fee is to be paid in cash or by using Credit / Debit Card transfer at the Fee Counter.
Admission of Foreign Nationals to MBA & MBA-IB Program
Seats: 15% of the intake.
(Candidates under NRI –Non Resident Indian – and PIO – Person of Indian Origin – will be considered for admission under this category as per University rule).
Foreign Nationals are required to produce a valid GMAT Score of not less than 300 besides having equivalent basic eligibility as stated at point:
All the application forms may be submitted in the office of the International Students Advisor, International Students Centre, BHU for processing for their admission. The International Students’ Advisor, with the help of the Admission Committee constituted to look after the admission work of the foreign nationals shall examine the eligibility of each applicant to the course and also the equivalence of the qualifying examination passed by the candidate.
The International Students Advisor shall issue the eligibility letter to the concerned foreign nationals if they are found eligible. If there is any problem regarding equivalence of the qualifying examination passed by the candidates, the same may be referred to the Equivalence Committee constituted for foreign nationals. The last date of admission in this category will be announced by the International Students Advisor. Foreign national candidates are exempted from appearing in Written Test (CAT), Group discussion and Interview.
All the Foreign Nationals have to fulfill the following conditions:
At the time of submitting the application:
- All the Foreign Nationals should submit their application, along with the processing charges.
- The applications of scholarship-holding Foreign Nationals (under various schemes) required to be routed through the Indian Council for Cultural Relations / Ministry of Human Resource Development (Department of Education), Govt. of India, New Delhi.
- They hold a valid foreign passport.
- That they have adequate knowledge of English and/or Hindi as per the requirements of the Course.
At the time of admission:
- They have valid Residential permit in India granted for studies / student visa for the prescribed duration of the concerned Course.
- They fulfill the minimum eligibility requirements.
- The Degree/certificates of the candidates have been recognized and approved by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/Commonwealth Universities/ International Association of Universities (IAU) as equivalent to the corresponding Indian degrees/certificates.
- All the eligible Foreign Nationals are required to fill up the Registration Form prescribed by the University at the time of admission.
- The applicant should have completed 17 years of age and there is no maximum age limit for Foreign Nationals.
- The Inter-se merit among the applicants of various Foreign Nationals shall be decided by the “Core Committee for Admissions of Foreign Nationals”, which shall be deemed as final.
Fee for the Foreign Nationals:
The quantum of processing charges and additional charges may be modified by BHU from time to time. Fee structure for all the candidates of Foreign Nationals is as under: